cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mutiple Select Filter Not picking up individual selected Items

New poster here! My PowerApps experience has been a "trial by fire" but has been a lot of fun. I have relied on this forum rather heavily for assistance and it has been wonderful. I have come to a point though were I am running into some issues and I can not seem to find the answer. Below is the background on what I am trying to do right now:

Background

I have a multi-select column which is setup as a Choice column in SharePoint. This column contains country information. For example a record could have just USA or could have both USA and UK.  I am tying to create a screen that allows a user to utilize a combo box to select a region and/or regions and return the results in a data table. 

Problem

If a user selects multiple values i.e. USA and UK it will not return any results with both. If a user selects only one country, it will return only records with that country included in a multiple country record and not by itself. For example, if user selects USA it will only return those records with USA and some other country i.e. USA and UK not records with just USA.  Below are some of the formulas:

1.  Data Table Column Jurisdiction Text PropertyConcat(Column,Value," ,")
  2.  Data Table Items PropertyFilter(Source,If(IsBlank(JurisdictionCMB.Selected.Value),true,
           Concat(Sort(JurisdictionCMB.SelectedItems,Value)," ,") in Concat(Sort('Jurisdiction',Value),Value," ,")))
    1. Note: I sorted the values as I found that sometime things could show up as USA,UK or UK,USA.

Any assistance or further information that you may need, please let me know. I appreciate any help on this that I can get. 

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

The fundamental issue with your model is exactly what you are finding - the In function looks at a string contained in another string and if you have multiple value, it will look for all of this as a single string. I have actually spent some time on it and cannot find any way to set a filtered property of a data table to look at multiple values from a drop down. I will tag one of my code gurus @Eelman for any clues, but in the meantime, you might watch this video from Reza Dorrani, which shows some possibilities (not exactly yours) using a gallery.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply! I was actually able to get this working today, so I will post a solution. It took a good amount of trouble shooting. Hopefully this will help others.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,749)