cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SLOHombre
Frequent Visitor

My Dates Are Not Appearing In Power App

HI, all. Newbie here. I have a simple excel table with two separate date columns formatted as "Short Date". When I connect the spreadsheet to Power App, the dates do not show (see attached picture). How would I resolve this?

Screenshot (3).png

10 REPLIES 10
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

Hi @SLOHombre 

Delete the table from PowerApps and go back to  Excel: right click on the column, Format Cells, choose Date. Then re-import into PowerApps. Hopefully they will come in as actual dates. 

Did as you instructed and it did not bring the dates up. Still blank.

Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

Can you show what the formatted dates look like in Excel?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Screenshot (5).png

Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

You have tried removing the data source from the App and then adding it back?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Yes, sir.

Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

There isn't a formula in cell and it is formatted as a General or Date?

No formula in the cells and the columns are formatted as "Date"

Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

You could try and use the Monitor to troubleshoot the issue.

1. Add a button to the screen that refreshes the Excel Data Source
  2. Open the Monitor (click on the advance tools icon on the left bar)
  3. Preview the page
  4. Click the refresh button
  5. Go to the monitor and see if there are any errors

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,267)