cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gervyd

My Options for Printing

Hey can anyone help me?

I have this app that i'm building to get shipment information from my company database. Its a shipment app. Each shipment contains a Pallet of many cases of different products and the end result is i need to print a pallet sticker of items that each pallet contains. Is there a way to print this information using power apps or that feature isn't included? 

If not is there an alternative solution that i could use to at least send the information to be printed somewhere automatically?

11 REPLIES 11
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Gervyd,

Currently printing within Apps under PowerApps is not available, please check this idea:

Printing

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Printing/idi-p/846#comments

For the workaround, would it be available for you to print from the data source side?

By the way, what is your data source?

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

My Datasource is a SQL Server Database. And yes its possible to print from the datasource side but the idea we had was to be able to print to a portable printer right in warehouse to stick on the Pallets.

hpkeong
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi

Printing Ideas is proposed from day one by myself, and though in the top-5 list, it is yet to be included.

While awaiting, I have a workaround solution for client:

1. For Mobile

- Screenshot

- Print from Mobile thru Wifi-Enabled or Bluetooth printer

2. For Desktop

- Just Win-Key + PrtScn

- Print from computer

Please support my Printing ideas as shared by @v-micsh-msft.

TQ

hpkeong
hpkeong
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi All

Just to share. In fact, after screenshot and if your surrounding customers are using Whatsapp, you may click a button with:

- Launch(Whatsapp api) and open Whatsapp directly to the mobile no (embeded in the api link dynamically) and send out with manually attach your screenshot.

(This is possible even WITHOUT having their mobile no in your contact list).

I have successfully used and being used in my own retail shop, on one click + one attach action.

Whatsapp api is available in the website.

Have a nice day.

hpkeong
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi hpkeong

Thanks for sharing your workarounds. Is there any way Flow can trigger a printing action?

hpkeong
Community Champion
Community Champion

hi @Anonymous

I have search around Flow and I don;t so any of such features available.

I am still awaiting MS PA to include though I am really optimistic as MS is looking for PaperLess office.

Eventhough it has been top-3 and verbally promised to be available in Sep 2017, but no guarantee until today.

Maybe PA has their own reason why.

I would propose PA to declare that Printing is NOT allowed so that we don;t have to keep requesting.

TQ

hpkeong
Meneghino
Community Champion
Community Champion

hi @Anonymous

with Flow you can create a pdf then for example store in a document library or send the pdf by email

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Meneghino 

Thanks for the suggestion. However we wanted to create a site visitor app, and get rid of the typical paperbased visitor 'books' to generate visitor cards. It would be so handy if PowerApps could trigger a print action once a visitor signs in, printing the visitor card!

So in this instance the fact we cannot print is actually a cutoff criteria for this idea..

Are you perhaps able to provide some insight as to when this option will become available?

patrickabel
Advocate III
Advocate III

@Meneghino,
Have you had any luck finding a solution for your visitor sign in solution? I'm looking for printer interaction as well either through a PowerApp, or through a back-end Flow or Azure Function.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,929)