cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AaronTheYoung
Helper III
Helper III

My app only shows checkmarks where a text value should appear

Hello, I'm hoping someone can understand why my app is doing this. I've created simple three question app and it's getting very close to being done, but this problem is stumping me.

I am able to successful write to my Sharepoint list with this code:

Patch('QuestionDB', {Title: Now(), Employee: User().FullName, Question1: If(A1N, true), Question2: If(A2N, true), Question3: If(A3N, true)});

When I view the list, my columns Question1, Question2, and Question three I see values of either true or false, so it is clear the data is being written correctly.  But when I attempt to display it in my app, the columns only display solid check marks, no matter if the list value is true or false.

Here is sliver of the Sharepoint list:

AaronTheYoung_0-1596949631654.png

Here is what the app looks like:

AaronTheYoung_2-1596949745555.png

The Question1, 2, and 3 variables are the last three columns and should show a True or False in the data table columns.  It being d data table instead of a gallery seems to be wrong too.  Not sure how I didn't get a gallery.  What did I do wrong?

TIA,

Aaron

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I reloaded the data from my Sharepoint list and it updated the data types. So that solved my data table issues, but I decided to switch to a gallery instead of a data table.  It's working out much nicer.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@AaronTheYoung 

Please try changing your column to a Text Column  as shown in the screenshot below.  Do this by clicking on the Data Table then Edit fields.

Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 6.42.11 AM.png

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

It doesn't appear that I have those choices for the Question fields.

AaronTheYoung_1-1596987185905.png

I reloaded the data from my Sharepoint list and it updated the data types. So that solved my data table issues, but I decided to switch to a gallery instead of a data table.  It's working out much nicer.

@AaronTheYoung 

Agreed, I always use Galleries: never Data Tables.  The Gallery control offers so much flexibility it makes Data Tables useless IMHO 😞

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,165)