cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
T_A_M
Helper V
Helper V

My app requires too many Sharepoint columns!

I'm working on an app that requires the user to answer 40 different questions. Each question has two parts; A combo box where the user makes multiple selections, and a multi-line text box where the user enters additional information about the choices they've made in the combo box. The data source for my app is a Sharepoint list. The Item property of each combo box is a collection.

I should add that previous form submissions are displayed in a gallery, and the user has to be able to go back to previous submissions they've made and edit their choices at any time.

I feel that this is a very inefficient way to set up the app because my Sharepoint list will require 80 columns, one to hold the choices from each combo box and one for each text box. There has to be a more efficient and scalable way of collecting this data but I'm not sure how to do it.

Any ideas for a better way to do this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@T_A_M 

Here is a basic design for the tables used for a quiz app:

- user
  - id (PK)
  - last_name
  - first_name
  - email

- quiz
  - id (PK)
  - title

- quiz_question
  - id (PK)
  - quiz_id (FK)
  - text

- quiz_question_option
  - id (PK)
  - quiz_question_id (FK)
  - text
  - is_correct

- quiz_user_answer
   - id (PK)
   - quiz_question_id (FK)
   - quiz_question_option_id  // this is the answer.

From https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7102521/database-design-for-developing-quiz-web-application-usin... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,059)