cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kuby
Frequent Visitor

My app showing data from collection on iPad and PC, but no data on iPhone

Hi, i would like to ask for help. I finished my app and i tested it in PC all time. Now I shared with other users and they are no able to see all data when launching app in iPhone. App launched on iPad or PC is OK. I am using only four sharepoint lists as resources. And missing data on iPhone are from Collection created in the app. I attached screenshots from iPad and iPhone, where is visible diference. I tried reconnect datasources but did not help. 

Kuby

D938EE81-E761-493D-B518-40ACE0A31F81.jpegCDEA2586-1AB8-41DE-B84C-D41843041300.jpeg

6 REPLIES 6
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kuby ,

I just hope you first check the issue is due to collection data loss or Gallery display error. Please try to add a DataTable control to display the collection to see if all data exist. Or add a Label, set Text property to First(CollectionName).Par to see if the data exists in the collection.

If the data does exist, it could be some preview/experimental features causing the gallery display error. Please try to disable the "Explicit Column Selection" and some other features to see if the issue is fixed.

Hope this helps.

Sik

Kuby
Frequent Visitor

Hi Sik, thanks for your effort and advice. I checked once again whats the matter and I found out that

- collection is created (i can see data on ipad and PC and only iPhone doesnot display values)

- Text in galery item is: "Dist.:"&Value(ThisItem.'Hole:Distance'.Value)

If I change text to "Dist.:"&ThisItem.'Hole:Distance'.Value then it is visible on iPhone but format of result is not ok

Screenshot_13.jpg

I tried change text to "Dist.:"&Value(Text(ThisItem.'Hole:Distance'.Value)) but on iPhone is again nothing visible.

Here is my ShP list, where Hole is lookup column and I use HCP, Nr. and Distance from another list of Golfcourses Par.

Screenshot_13b.jpg

Kuby

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kuby ,

How about this? Make sure two parts are all the Text type.

"Dist.:"&Text(ThisItem.Hole.Distance, "#.#","en")

Sik 

Kuby
Frequent Visitor

Good morning Sik, this formating of text did not work - value is not visible.
Columns HCP and Distance are additional columns of lookuped main column from list of Par of Holes on Course. Gallery Items are filtered by single condition:

Filter(GolfScoreCard, GolfGame.Value = PlayingNameOfThePlay)

and PlayingNameOfThePlay is unique ID of golf play, witch is created on previous screen by choosing Course and Tees and creating new 9 or 18 rows in List GolfScoreCard with all parameters of play (distance from choosen tee, par, HCP and Course)

But once again this problem is only on iPhone. On Ipad and PC everything is working properly.... I going to ask somebody with Android to try it.

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kuby ,

That is so weird. 

As you mentioned before that the text can be visible but with wrong format when using "Dist.:"&ThisItem.'Hole:Distance'.Value code.

Maybe we can workaround the issue based on this. Please change to use two Labels, the first displays the "Dist.:" ,and set the Text property of the second one to Value(ThisItem.'Hole:Distance'.Value) or Text(Value(ThisItem.'Hole:Distance'.Value))

Sik

Kuby
Frequent Visitor

Hi Sik,

I had a time today to answer to you, but twice was my really long and detailed answer broken and lost and I dont have more power to write third time explanation. First time because unsigned user second time because wrong html code in answer ...
Finaly - app stopped working correctly niot only on iPhone but todat attempt on ipad provide the same on ipad there is new message.... Fetching items failed. Possible invalid string in filter....

I am going to google it.

Kuby

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,607)