cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

My app suddenly stopped patching data to SharePoint

Hello,

 

I'm new to PowerApps but I had managed to build an app and started collecting data for a few weeks now. It's a simple data collecting app that patches data to a SP list. You will see in my post history; I've had a few issues, but it was working until last week when the app suddenly stopped patching data. Nobody else except me has editing permissions and I did not touch the app at all. I'm not sure what has changed, but I only noticed the issue when I visited the SP list.

 

See below the screenshot, the app suddenly collecting data for this column. Just to be clear, there are other columns it is not patching the data but I'm focusing on this one as an example.

thatakke_0-1634546611361.png

 

Since last week, I've been trying to fix the issue. But whatever I tried; it's no longer patching some of the fields. What's more annoying is this. In the published app, this is what I'm seeing.

thatakke_1-1634546738667.png

Here is the "Item" function of this field in the back end.

Choices([@'SPList'].Nationality)

and here is the Choices in SP. So  There is only 1 option for "Lao"

thatakke_2-1634546848607.png

What the hell is going on? Why has my app stopped working suddenly? Why is it patching some of the fields but not all? Is PowerApps not reliable enough for data collection? 

 

Thanks,

 

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

 

Someone has encountered this problem before.

When some special characters appear in your choice column, a similar option will appear in the canvas.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1634783903350.png

 

But I cannot reproduce the problem.

vxiaochenmsft_1-1634783941667.png

vxiaochenmsft_2-1634783962875.png

 

So I suggest you:

1\ Roll back the version of your canvas to check if the problem is resolved.

2\ Create a new choice column in sharepoint list

 

Finally, have you changed the data type of your Nationality column before?

If so , I guess the problem is this. Modifying the data type of a column in sp may cause problems in canvas.

 

Best Regards,

Wearsky

 

 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-xiaochen-msft Thanks for your reply.

I've not touched the SP list nor the App, I only realised this issue when I noticed my app wasn't collecting all of the information (You'll see I posted a few other queries here). 

 

- I tried rolling back to a previous version, but it didn't help.

- I'm a little reluctant creating new column as it would mean, I need to make a number changes in the rest of my app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (1,676)