Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jasonkatz424
Advocate II
Advocate II

My app thinks it is using a Premium Connector - It is not

Hello wonderful community,

My PowerApp insists on using the Premium Word Connector despite removing all flows from the app that would require it.  Even if I delete the connection to Word itself the app wants me to allow access to the Word data connection.  I have no flows in my app requiring this.

At one time yes I had this connection.  No I do not need it but cannot get rid of it.  No matter what I do my app holds onto the license designation of Premium.  I've attached an image of this for reference.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.  I believe this to be a very similar problem as described here which also doesn't have a solution: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/App-suddenly-requires-premium-license/m-p/49...

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
mike528
Resolver II
Resolver II

I have seen PA not clear reference to connectors. Its like hacking the registry, but it may be possible to export the app, remove the reference in the json, zip it back up and upload it again into powerapps. This requires some specific steps like the re-zipping part must use a powershell script that one of the #PowerAddicts provided. Zipping with Windows or other utilities does not seem to be compatible. Let me know if you are interested in giving this a shot and I can write up instructions.

Jasonkatz424
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hey, that's a grest idea. I'll give this a go, I'm familiar with what you are discussing. Wish there was an easier way 😕 Thanks again

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,378)