Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carem
Helper III
Helper III

My cards were rearranged when I removed a card

Hi everyone;

I followed Laura's instructions to create a tabbed form.Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 10.03.32 PM.png

I arrange the tabs in the order of x and y.
But when I deleted a card, everything was rearranged in an unexpected order. (And I can't Ctrl + Z to undo)

In my example, I add a new field name "Action"

Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 10.05.30 PM.png

And then remove it. And My form is like a mess.Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 10.07.31 PM.png

I tried turning off snap to collumn turn off, it worked, things didn't seem to be rearranged at that time I remove that card. However, when I turned on again snap to column, everything was rearranged in an unexpected order.

Is there anyone who has the most effective way to organize cards, please guide me.

1 REPLY 1
rebeccas
Community Champion
Community Champion

They can be tricky to get used to. A lot of times I will turn on snap to columns and then change it to 2 columns and then back to 3 and it will help me get them arranged better. 

I rarely actually use the Snap to columns unless I am doing a phone app and just one column. I use math to arrange mine basically. If your form is 600 wide and you want 3 across make sure that each card is 200 wide, if you want two 300 wide and so on. I check my widths and do them manually. It may sound like it takes longer but it really doesn't...it is much quicker when you get used to it. 

Everybody has their own way, just figure out what you like best. This is just my way. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (961)