cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ras21
Regular Visitor

My changes only save if I publish it as a new app

I've done some pretty simple changes, changing the text of a button. When I save the app and close, then go to 'play' the app, the changes are not made. If I try to save it and completely replace the app, the changes are not made. The only time my changes are made is if I publish it as a new app. I've published it under three different names as that's the only way my changes are saved. Why is this? (I've tried logging out and logging in again, no difference)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Ras21 

That's correct. The app list from the mobile player and from the browser will open and play the latest published version.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @Ras21 

Can you not save and publish your app, rather than save and publish it as a new app?

When a user plays an app from the app list, it will play the latest published version.

Ras21
Regular Visitor

@timl 
So I always have to publish it for it to play the latest version, even if I, the creator is palying it? Saving it is not enough?

Hi @Ras21 

That's correct. The app list from the mobile player and from the browser will open and play the latest published version.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,576)