cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My components are suddenly messed up

Has something changed with components? Something strange is going on with them. For example, I have a "loading message" component which has its visible property set by a global variable. This no longer works.

The variable is called glbTimelineLoading. If I use a button to Set(glbTimelineLoading, true) nothing happens. This was working fine on Friday. Something must have changed with the way components behave?!

4 REPLIES 4

I also have a header component that has an input property called PageTitle. Each page uses a different variable to set this property.

This was working fine, but now it doesn't update once it's been set. For example I have a project screen and the variable used to set the component's PageTitle input is called glbSelectedProject.Title.

If the first project I view is Project A and then I view Project B, the component header doesn't update - it stays on Project A. 

The glbSelectedProject.Title variable is definitely updating (tested using a label) but the component isn't

I am also experiencing strange behaviour with components. It seems as though the input variables aren't being recognised in some  cases, but not all.

Overwriting the variable with the same thing seems to fix it, but only until the application is reloaded in the maker. The problem also persists to published applications as well.

As @londontoholland said, everything was working fine Friday. The update over the weekend has certainly broken something.

Yep, you're right.  Component's inputs don't seem to be recognising variables 

Hi @londontoholland @LiveLifeOps ,

We rolled out a fix for this issue earlier today. Can you let us know if the issue is resolved for you?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,963)