Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gelos
Super User
Super User

MySql dB connection

Hi

I have MySQL database in server. I want to access the database from power app how to connect it.

Please help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

From my knowledge, "On-premises data gateway" has installer (exe) so you need to have access to view the UI to install. Here is the Microsoft article for data gateway installation. 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Gelos 

PowerApps has a connector to MySQL and its premium.

StalinPonnusamy_0-1643120578624.png

• Create a New connection to MySQL
  • Open the Canvas app
  • Click "Data" on the left navigation
  • Search MySQL and connect

StalinPonnusamy_1-1643120681420.png

Please let me know if any issues

Thanks,
Stalin - Learn To Illuminate

timl
Super User
Super User

@Gelos 

The only other comment I would add is that the MySQL connector works only with on-premise MySQL databases. Therefore, you would also need to install the on premise gateway.

There are more details about this here:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/MySQL-connector-connectivity/idi-p/133968

Hi thank you for your replay. But my database is in server so I don't know how to connect.

Yes. But I installed gateway but it only works if the database is in my system. but MySql database is in server system so I want to connect it. Please help me

StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Gelos 

Yes, we can connect server as well. We need to install the On-premises Data Gateway on the Server where your MySQL exists. When you try to connect, Select the name for the server from the dropdown.

But how to install On-premises Data Gateway on the server. I access server using cPanel. And I have another doubt can I access another Desktop database from my system powerapps

1. I haven't used cpanel and am not confident to answer.
  2. PowerApps application it's in Cloud. To access the desktop from the cloud, you need to install an On-premises Data gateway on that desktop where the database exists.

Thanks,
Stalin - Learn To Illuminate

ok I understand desktop problem. But now I want to connect server which is in online. I access MySQL database from server using cPanel so I want to know how to install gateway there.

From my knowledge, "On-premises data gateway" has installer (exe) so you need to have access to view the UI to install. Here is the Microsoft article for data gateway installation. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,727)