cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrNappa
Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

Mysterious new Notes field causes error

One of our customers reported that recently they encountered error in a part of the canvas app we created for them. The part where the error occurs is a screen where some annotations are shown that are related to a selected entity.

I opened up the code and sure enough, there was now an error where the relevant data is loaded:

dummy1.jpg

The part giving an error is the filter on the 'Regarding' field of the Notes entity. But we hadn't done any changes lately so the reason for this error was mysterious... but after some checking it appears as though there are now TWO "Regarding" fields:

dummy2.jpg

This raises two questions:

1) What's this mysterious "dummyregarding" field that suddenly appeared? I checked the field definition in Dynamics and found it in the Note fields, and it is a managed field. I can't find any info on this. (as a side note, there is also a dummyfilename field that I haven't seen before).

2) Why does the existing app suddenly "crash" over this? Shouldn't Powerapps handle this better, by having it keep the proper technical field identifier internally? The UI of the editor is pretty insistent on forcing the use of Display names in formulas.

1 REPLY 1
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MrNappa ,

I also can't find anything about DummyRegarding field. I never heard it.

Maybe you would like open a Support Ticket to Microsoft for further assistance.

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,858)