Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkB1977
Helper II
Helper II

NOW() from PowerApp not returning the same in Sharepoint List

Afternoon all.

I have a simple canvas app where I am using Now() to trigger a FLOW. When a user submits the form via the canvas app, the time and date updates in a SP column formatted as time and includes the date.

No issues with that, except the data doesn't match!

For example

10/06/2020 15:39 in the app  = 09/06/2020 16:00 when SP is updated? 

It doesn't appear to be the issue between UTC and UTC+00:00 Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London either.

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Paulo_VS
Advocate I
Advocate I

@MarkB1977 

Hi guy,

Please show the code that does this update

@Paulo_VS 

I have a label within an app,  which displays NOW().  When the app updates the information in SP, the date & time column doesn't return the same value. 

You can see the time and date in each isn't the same within the attached.

Form submitted 10/06/2020 17:18

SP returns 09/06/2020 16:00?  one day and 1hr 18mins earlier???

TEXT function - Now().

KrishnaV
Super User
Super User

Hi @MarkB1977 ,

Now() always get the local time unless you specify which time zone you want, as below

Text(Now(), UTC) this will get the UTC time:2020-06-10T16:33:26.763Z but Now() shows as 6/10/2020 12:32 PM

Having said that just check how it is getting date and time with respect to your SharePoint Tenant timezone.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP, Microsoft Certified Trainer
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

@MarkB1977 

I think you are confused, the Label being Now () it will always show the current time, to show the time that is in SP you need to reference, example: ThisItem.CollumnName

I hope this helps

@Paulo_VS

No I want to time stamp the form submission from the app so now() is the correct function. It's the value it returns in the sp list that's different. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,876)