cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Name a document in FLOW using data from powerapp?

I've create an app to process work orders.  The app has a flow associated with it.  Which takes the content of the form from powerapps, converts it to HTML then to PDF, and emails it from there.  

Right now the file name of that HTML & PDF are WorkOrder.UtcNow().pdf.

I would like the file name to be the ticket number and customer name.  But I am unsure of how to extract that data in the flow.  

I did set the HTML file's title to be the dynamic content (Ticket ID & Customer Name) submitted in the powerapp by inserting the text from my powerapps data cards.

Annotation 2020-05-08 143921.pngAnnotation 2020-05-08 144700.png   I thought maybe I could extract the HTML title within the Flow and use that to name the PDF.  But that was a no-go. 

Annotation 2020-05-08 144819.png 

Any suggestions?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Name a document in FLOW using data from powerapp?

@AndrewValenzuel ,

Yes, that is what I am suggesting - you simply need to refer to them in the concatenated name of the document.

I was however initially looking at your HTML - all you need to do is change your Flow where you have WorkOrder to "Ask in Power Apps" and then pass this information as a parameter. You will need to disconnect and re-connect your Flow for Power Apps to pick up the requirement for the additional parameter which should be a the end.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@AndrewValenzuel ,

First option way easier (just get it off cards on the screen). You do not need to change anything in you Flow and it is simply a different parameter you are using in the HTML body.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

But the first option, the current option, is to name the file WorkOrder.(UTCNOWFUNCTION).pdf.

This is not ideal.  As when these PDFs are submitted they won't have a recognizable name.  

Is there a way to extract the data that is stored in the datacards from my powerapps form, so that they may be used in flow to rename the newly created PDF?  

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@AndrewValenzuel ,

Yes, that is what I am suggesting - you simply need to refer to them in the concatenated name of the document.

I was however initially looking at your HTML - all you need to do is change your Flow where you have WorkOrder to "Ask in Power Apps" and then pass this information as a parameter. You will need to disconnect and re-connect your Flow for Power Apps to pick up the requirement for the additional parameter which should be a the end.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thank you!

Remove and then add the button, that did the trick for me.  Couldn't figure out what was happening.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,822)