cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndrewValenzuel
Advocate II
Advocate II

Name a document in FLOW using data from powerapp?

I've create an app to process work orders.  The app has a flow associated with it.  Which takes the content of the form from powerapps, converts it to HTML then to PDF, and emails it from there.  

Right now the file name of that HTML & PDF are WorkOrder.UtcNow().pdf.

I would like the file name to be the ticket number and customer name.  But I am unsure of how to extract that data in the flow.  

I did set the HTML file's title to be the dynamic content (Ticket ID & Customer Name) submitted in the powerapp by inserting the text from my powerapps data cards.

Annotation 2020-05-08 143921.pngAnnotation 2020-05-08 144700.png   I thought maybe I could extract the HTML title within the Flow and use that to name the PDF.  But that was a no-go. 

Annotation 2020-05-08 144819.png 

Any suggestions?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@AndrewValenzuel ,

Yes, that is what I am suggesting - you simply need to refer to them in the concatenated name of the document.

I was however initially looking at your HTML - all you need to do is change your Flow where you have WorkOrder to "Ask in Power Apps" and then pass this information as a parameter. You will need to disconnect and re-connect your Flow for Power Apps to pick up the requirement for the additional parameter which should be a the end.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

@AndrewValenzuel ,

First option way easier (just get it off cards on the screen). You do not need to change anything in you Flow and it is simply a different parameter you are using in the HTML body.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

But the first option, the current option, is to name the file WorkOrder.(UTCNOWFUNCTION).pdf.

This is not ideal.  As when these PDFs are submitted they won't have a recognizable name.  

Is there a way to extract the data that is stored in the datacards from my powerapps form, so that they may be used in flow to rename the newly created PDF?  

@AndrewValenzuel ,

Yes, that is what I am suggesting - you simply need to refer to them in the concatenated name of the document.

I was however initially looking at your HTML - all you need to do is change your Flow where you have WorkOrder to "Ask in Power Apps" and then pass this information as a parameter. You will need to disconnect and re-connect your Flow for Power Apps to pick up the requirement for the additional parameter which should be a the end.

View solution in original post

Thank you!

Remove and then add the button, that did the trick for me.  Couldn't figure out what was happening.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,291)