cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Athirah
Helper I
Helper I

Name isn't valid. This identifier isn't recognized error appears on dropdown list.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I've created a PowerApps by customizing a SharePoint form. All complete data will store in SP list. But the apps allow user to save the form by clicking "Save" button, and it will save in collection before submitting completed form.

When user wanted to view/retrieve the data from the collection, I got "Name isn't valid. This identifier isn't recognized" error on dropdown list.

I can retrieve data from the collection on text fill, date picker and etc but not on dropdown list.

My code for save data in collection as below.

Collect(CollectBasicDetails,
{  
     SurveyVersion:SurveyVersionBD.Text,
     Station:Station.SelectedText,
     StaffID:StaffID.Text,
     EmailAddress:EmailAddress.Text,
     AssessorName:AssessorName.Text,
     Designation:Designation.Text,
     ObservationDate1:ObservationDate1.SelectedDate,
     FlightObservation1:FlightObservation1.Text,
     ObservationDate2:ObservationDate2.SelectedDate,
     FlightObservation2:FlightObservation2.Text,
     GHA:GHA.Text,
     RegionalHead:RegionalHead.SelectedText,
     LoungeOperator:LoungeOperator.Text,
     SeatNo:SeatNo.Text   
 });

I've created collection gallery called BasicDetailsGallery.

basicdetailsgallery.PNG

When user wanted to retrieve or view the item, it will navigated to BASIC_DETAILS_SCREEN_COLECTION as below.

On default properties, I've put BasicDetailsGallery.Selected.Value on dropdown list and got an error "Name isn't valid. This identifier isn't recognized". I also tried to put BasicDetailsGallery.Selected.Station on default properties but the error "Expected text value" came out. 

Error dropdownlist.PNG

When this error occurred, the value that selected by user from dropdown menu (Station) is not appear. Its blank.

Can someone provide me guidance/help on this? Please share screenshots as i'm a beginner on PowerApps.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Athirah
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @RandyHayes@JR-BejeweledOne , @Anonymous ,

I am able to get the default value on dropdown list (Station and RegionalHead) correctly. 

I put BasicDetailsGallery.Selected.Station.Value on Default properties and the error gone! 🙂

issueresolved.PNG

Thank you 🙂

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

What type of field is 'Station'?

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Athirah 

Consider first changing your record in your collection for Station to the following:

Station:Station.Selected.Value,

Two reasons, one, you should avoid using SelectedText as it is deprecated. And second, this will give you the actual selected Value from the dropdown.

Set Default formula on the Dropdown to BasicDetailsGallery.Station

Also, the formula for RegionalHead should be set as well to the following:

RegionalHead:RegionalHead.Selected.Value,

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Hi, 

I tried to change the record in my collection as below but i'm getting "Incompatible type. The item you're trying to put into collection has the type that not compatible with the collection" error. 

errorcollection.PNG

Or is there something wrong with the items properties on Station?

stationitem.PNG

Hopefully you can help me out on this 😞

Thank you.

JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

Are these independent fields to display the details of an item in the gallery or is it a form?

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Athirah 

I'll get you there 😉

So, your items property is fine on the dropdown.  This will be a single column table of Values.

In your collect statement, can you tell me where in the formula the error is?  In your picture nothing is red and underlined.  That would help get to the cause.

Also, since we changed RegionalHead, what is the items property of that dropdown?

@JR-BejeweledOne From the pictures, these appear to be independent Controls.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Hi, 

My collect statement as below.

CollectError.PNG

And here is the items in RegionalHead.

RegionalHeadError.PNG

Thank you,

Tiera

Hi, 

Anyone can help me on this? I've been stuck here for a week 😞 

Thank you.

Athirah
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @Anonymous ,

Appreciate if you could help me on my issue above?

Thanks in advance,

Tiera

Athirah
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @RandyHayes@JR-BejeweledOne , @Anonymous ,

I am able to get the default value on dropdown list (Station and RegionalHead) correctly. 

I put BasicDetailsGallery.Selected.Station.Value on Default properties and the error gone! 🙂

issueresolved.PNG

Thank you 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,661)