cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gradyd
Regular Visitor

Navigate() away from new form without submitting

I have a page within my powerapp that allows users to create new records. The save and navigate and NewFrom all work. What I can't figure out is I have my navigation buttons and none of them work on this page. They are all the same of Navigate('Page Name',ScreenTransition.Fade) and I can click on them but the navigation never happens. 

Is there some other command that needs to be included to "force" a navigate action to happen? Or to navigate away from a form "without saving"?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrianS
Super User
Super User

Are the buttons within the form or are they outside the form? I have seen instances where buttons inside forms seem they are clickable when they really aren't. If they are outside the form, they should work as you would expect. I would try deleting them and starting over. There is nothing to stop people from not submitting a form, unless you program it in.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BrianS
Super User
Super User

Are the buttons within the form or are they outside the form? I have seen instances where buttons inside forms seem they are clickable when they really aren't. If they are outside the form, they should work as you would expect. I would try deleting them and starting over. There is nothing to stop people from not submitting a form, unless you program it in.

View solution in original post

Gradyd
Regular Visitor

Deleting and recreating outside the form did the trick! Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,791)