cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gradyd
Regular Visitor

Navigate() away from new form without submitting

I have a page within my powerapp that allows users to create new records. The save and navigate and NewFrom all work. What I can't figure out is I have my navigation buttons and none of them work on this page. They are all the same of Navigate('Page Name',ScreenTransition.Fade) and I can click on them but the navigation never happens. 

Is there some other command that needs to be included to "force" a navigate action to happen? Or to navigate away from a form "without saving"?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrianS
Super User
Super User

Are the buttons within the form or are they outside the form? I have seen instances where buttons inside forms seem they are clickable when they really aren't. If they are outside the form, they should work as you would expect. I would try deleting them and starting over. There is nothing to stop people from not submitting a form, unless you program it in.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BrianS
Super User
Super User

Are the buttons within the form or are they outside the form? I have seen instances where buttons inside forms seem they are clickable when they really aren't. If they are outside the form, they should work as you would expect. I would try deleting them and starting over. There is nothing to stop people from not submitting a form, unless you program it in.

Gradyd
Regular Visitor

Deleting and recreating outside the form did the trick! Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,499)