cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GoGorilla
Helper III
Helper III

Navigate back to gallery after selecting item holds values in the Edit Screen when navigating to a different item from the Gallery

I have a canvas app that when navigating from the Gallery1 to an item ,it goes to the correct Edit form.  But, I have a button titled Back that uses the Navigate(Gallery1) function.  When clicking on this button and returning to Gallery1, if I click on another item, the data in the fields of the Edit form are the same as the item originally sent to from the gallery.  How can I get this to open a different item if I navigate back?  I did not want to use the Back function because I have used deep linking to open items directly from the list, if need be. In this scenario, the back function would take them back to the list but we do not want that.

BackButton.Onselect

Refresh(TermReport);Navigate(Gallery1)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks,

Can you change it to make sure it actually selects the row in the gallery like this:

Select(Parent); Navigate(frmEditTermReport,ScreenTransition.Fade,Gallery1.Selected)

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
iAm_ManCat
Super User
Super User

Hi,

When you select the item in the gallery, what code are you using?
I would hazard a guess something like this:

Select(parent); Navigate(EditFormScreen)

You could try using:

Select(parent); ResetForm(EditFormName); EditForm(EditFormName); Navigate(EditFormScreen)

Let me know what code you have on the gallery's select.

Cheers,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

@iAm_ManCat  I am using the following in the OnSelect property of the Gallery1 arrow icon:

Navigate(frmEditTermReport,ScreenTransition.Fade,Gallery1.Selected)

Thanks,

Can you change it to make sure it actually selects the row in the gallery like this:

Select(Parent); Navigate(frmEditTermReport,ScreenTransition.Fade,Gallery1.Selected)

@iAm_ManCat

Thanks!
Sancho Harker, MVP

@iAm_ManCat  I apologize for my delayed response as I was swamped.  This worked perfectly and I understand why this works.  Thank you.

Happy I could help, and no worries about the delay, I'm glad you came back to say it worked! 😺

@iAm_ManCat

Thanks!
Sancho Harker, MVP

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,728)