cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TonyHart
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Navigate by LookUp Value

I am attempting to create a simple navigation button that allows users to navigate to a record on another screen via a LookUp value. In my application I have a relationship between two entities, Church and Employee, where Employee has a relationship to Church. In my button I have a very simple command: OnSelect(Navigate("Church - Info", Cover, ThisItem.Church)), where "Church" is the LookUp value.

This command works perfectly while I'm editing in PowerApps Studio & run it on my computer while editing. But, once I attempt to use the application on my phone or view it in PowerApps Studio (not editing), the application will not successfully pass through the record data. Either I will have an unfilled record screen, or if I accessed the "Church - Info" page earlier, it will still have the same info from the previous access. Am I passing the information through correctly, or is there a better way to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You should try to use just navigate from the first screen(I am assuming it's somehting like "Employee-info"). so Navigate("Church-info",None) and on the "Church -info" screen say if you have a form then populate the value of specific datacard related to employee name as "Employee-info.employeename.selected".

Hopefully it will work as you expected.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You should try to use just navigate from the first screen(I am assuming it's somehting like "Employee-info"). so Navigate("Church-info",None) and on the "Church -info" screen say if you have a form then populate the value of specific datacard related to employee name as "Employee-info.employeename.selected".

Hopefully it will work as you expected.

View solution in original post

Hello,

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by your solution. Let me explain a bit more on my issue, and that might help you communicate what you mean.

I have an Entity from CDS named "Employee". There are many Employees connected to a Church. I need to be able to see all the information on a Church that an Employee is connected to.

So, here I have a photo of "Employee - Info"

EmployeeInfo.JPG

You'll notice that I have selected the button that is navigating to the "Church - Info" screen. It successfully navigates to the screen, but the context that is getting passed in does not appear on the "Church - Info" screen after navigation (see below for example).ChurchInfo-Blank.JPG

(Above) This is what is looks like when I select the button to navigate to the "Church - Info" screen when attemping to pass in the "Church" relationship from "Employee". What I need instead is a completely filled out page with all the information (see below for example).

ChurchInfo-Filled.JPG

I may not be passing in the context correctly. I am just uncertain as to how to do this successfully. Any further help on this would be great. Thank you.

Disclaimer: I am not associated with Freedom Church. It's just example information.

@Anonymous,

Thanks for your help. I eventually understood what you said, and the concept behind it worked.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,142)