cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TonyHart
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Navigate by LookUp Value

I am attempting to create a simple navigation button that allows users to navigate to a record on another screen via a LookUp value. In my application I have a relationship between two entities, Church and Employee, where Employee has a relationship to Church. In my button I have a very simple command: OnSelect(Navigate("Church - Info", Cover, ThisItem.Church)), where "Church" is the LookUp value.

This command works perfectly while I'm editing in PowerApps Studio & run it on my computer while editing. But, once I attempt to use the application on my phone or view it in PowerApps Studio (not editing), the application will not successfully pass through the record data. Either I will have an unfilled record screen, or if I accessed the "Church - Info" page earlier, it will still have the same info from the previous access. Am I passing the information through correctly, or is there a better way to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You should try to use just navigate from the first screen(I am assuming it's somehting like "Employee-info"). so Navigate("Church-info",None) and on the "Church -info" screen say if you have a form then populate the value of specific datacard related to employee name as "Employee-info.employeename.selected".

Hopefully it will work as you expected.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You should try to use just navigate from the first screen(I am assuming it's somehting like "Employee-info"). so Navigate("Church-info",None) and on the "Church -info" screen say if you have a form then populate the value of specific datacard related to employee name as "Employee-info.employeename.selected".

Hopefully it will work as you expected.

View solution in original post

Hello,

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by your solution. Let me explain a bit more on my issue, and that might help you communicate what you mean.

I have an Entity from CDS named "Employee". There are many Employees connected to a Church. I need to be able to see all the information on a Church that an Employee is connected to.

So, here I have a photo of "Employee - Info"

EmployeeInfo.JPG

You'll notice that I have selected the button that is navigating to the "Church - Info" screen. It successfully navigates to the screen, but the context that is getting passed in does not appear on the "Church - Info" screen after navigation (see below for example).ChurchInfo-Blank.JPG

(Above) This is what is looks like when I select the button to navigate to the "Church - Info" screen when attemping to pass in the "Church" relationship from "Employee". What I need instead is a completely filled out page with all the information (see below for example).

ChurchInfo-Filled.JPG

I may not be passing in the context correctly. I am just uncertain as to how to do this successfully. Any further help on this would be great. Thank you.

Disclaimer: I am not associated with Freedom Church. It's just example information.

@Anonymous,

Thanks for your help. I eventually understood what you said, and the concept behind it worked.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,180)