cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lbernardgib
Regular Visitor

Navigate from one screen to a specific list item on a form

Hello,

I am creating an app that has an initial welcome screen with buttons for each different position within our company.  I have used the function Button1.Onselect=Navigate("Form Screen", None, {msg:button1.text}) in order to navigate to my Form Screen and have the "Position" field automatically default to the position on the button which was pressed (the Position field default is set as "msg").

This works great at first, when I am creating new list items.  However, when I want to edit or view an existing Position in the Form Screen, all the information that I input upon creating that list item is not showing up completely.  

Is there a way to navigate to a specific list item in a form from a different screen, but also making sure that the input information in the form stays there and doesn't disappear or reset every time you enter the edit or view modes? Any help would be appreciated. I don't completely understand the context aspect of the navigation function.

Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (974)