Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
CABIRD
Level: Powered On

Navigate - select Standpoint list

Hello

Hopefully, I've missed something simple. I spent some time reading https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/working-with-variables and I can't quite understand what I'm doing wrong.

Screen 1 has multiple galleries. One gallery (floor list) is used to display a selected gallery (room number & suites). Users need to be able to swipe or alternately tap the back or forward icons to navigate through floor numbers and tap to select the chosen floor number.

Hopefully, the images below provide enough information to illustrate my attempt to achieve the objective. A SharePoint list is the source for floor numbers as is the room numbers lists.

2018-09-14 (3).png2018-09-14 (4).png

2018-09-14 (6).png2018-09-14 (8).png

One other issue is sort ascending or descending see image below.

I have successfully implemented back, forward icon navigation and sort ascending or descending for a screen with one gallery but when multiple galleries are added my solution method breaks.

2018-09-14 (5).png 

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Navigate - select Standpoint list

Hi @CABIRD,

I think  you are making it more difficult than it needs to be. Instead of multiple galleries, you can use one to display a filtered dataset.   Starting with a list with two columns, room and floor, you can filter a single gallery using a slider to pick the floor and a gallery with the items property set for Sort(Filter(datasource,floor=Slider.Value),If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending)).  Set the slider min to 1 and max to the highest floor. In the example, i got rid of the textbox but I hope you get the idea.  

Hotel1.PNGsorted descendinghotel2.PNGSlider changed to 3

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Hi @CABIRD,

I think  you are making it more difficult than it needs to be. Instead of multiple galleries, you can use one to display a filtered dataset.   Starting with a list with two columns, room and floor, you can filter a single gallery using a slider to pick the floor and a gallery with the items property set for Sort(Filter(datasource,floor=Slider.Value),If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending)).  Set the slider min to 1 and max to the highest floor. In the example, i got rid of the textbox but I hope you get the idea.  

Hotel1.PNGsorted descendinghotel2.PNGSlider changed to 3

View solution in original post

CABIRD
Level: Powered On

Hello @Drrickryp

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I appreciate you doing so.  

I must admit after submitting my query I had doubts entering my mind regarding the whole design. My concern is the user selects a floor and room number. The second screen has a  rooms checklist a third screen has a take photo option and add  image to gallery feature. The user then submits checklist and or photo(s) to SharePoint (SP) lists. SP list has a folder for each room. The problem is using Flow to send the check list data to the correct room folder not to mention the photos.

I not aware of how or if it is at all possible to configure an MS Flow to send the check list to a SP list, room number folder based upon the users selected room number, not to mention images. The next user submit would be for another room checklist.  

On reflection I thought a SP list for Floor and Room and an asset photo library for images. This simplifies the app. Two Flows one to send checklist to SP room and a second Flow to send photos to SP library. The problem with this is the user wants a SP list with a folder for each room. My initiate thought is a third SP Flow to move the room checklist to a SharePoint list rooms folder.    

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,548)