cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Navigate to Screen with OnTimerEnd based on List Value

I'm trying to get a Timer OnTimerEnd to get a value from a Sharepoint List and if that value equals "xyz" to then Navigate. I've tried a number of approaches but I'm entirely sure I'm trying to pull from the list wrong. Can someone help me out with this please? Is this even possible?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Navigate to Screen with OnTimerEnd based on List Value

@PJaeger 
Share your code.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@mdevaney 

This is where I started and I've gone on several messy trips since. It's all wrong though.

If('a-b-test'.Selected.Status.Value="Approved",Navigate(Screen1,ScreenTransition.Fade))

The .Selected.Status.Value is the issue. I'm not sure how to call the list and column in this manner. Can you help me with the correct approach? 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PJaeger ,

Do you want to navigate to one screen in one specific situation?

Could you tell me:

1)what is 'a-b-test'?

2)Status column data type?

3)which control you want to justify based on?

Usually, we use controname.Selected for Gallery, drop down, combo box, list box.

This means that the selected item in that control.

However,  'a-b-test' looks like a table name, not a control name. So I could not quite understand what does tablename.Slected represent.

Please describe your rule in detials.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@v-yutliu-msft 

What I'm trying to accomplish is when one app updates a list item another app changes screen. This is probably not the best way to go about it but we use lists quite a bit with our apps. I'd like to have a timer in App A check a list and if a value changes (updated via App B) to change screen. 

a-b--test is a list.

Thanks for looking at this, any help is appreciated. 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PJaeger ,

Do you want to navigate in app A based on update in app B?

I'm afraid it's not supported to do this.

Firstly, I'm afraid it's not supported to pass variable or action throughout apps.

That means actions in App A will not affect actions in App B.

Secondly, it's not supported to use "datasource.selected.field". It will represent the selected item in data source. The selected item should be one item selected in one control.

You should use "controlname.selected.field".

What's more, if you select one item in app B, you can not pass this item to app A. So you could not find the item in app A that you select in app B.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,412)