cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aditya1728
Helper II
Helper II

Navigate to a filled form from a gallery item and then edit and save the changes

I have two screens: Tracker and Edit

Tracker screen has a Gallery which links to a list "List A".

The Gallery shows few values from "List A", like Name and Status but List has other fields as well like Country, Exam etc.

The list record looks like this:

NameStatusCountryExamAdmission
JohnIn ProgressUSAYesNo

And Gallery looks like this:

John

In progress

Doe 

Done

Jack

NA

I now want to click on John and then click on a Edit button on Tracker screen.

The button navigates me to "Edit screen" but the Edit form should show me the values for the selected Gallery items i.e. value relevant for John.

I then want to edit that form and save the changes. Say if I change the status to "Completed" and then come back to "Tracker", then the Gallery should now show me as:

John

Completed

Doe 

Done

Jack

NA

Appreciate your suggestion.

Regards,

Aditya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Aditya1728 ,

Your Edit form on the other screen needs the DataSource of the list name and the Item of YourGalleryName.Selected (replace with your name).

Use SubmitForm(YourFormName) to save the record.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
eka24
Super User III
Super User III

Am guessing that both the editform and the Gallery are connected to same list A. 

If so;

In the Onselect of the icon inside the Gallery put;

Set(Myselect, ThisItem)

Then in the item property of the Editform put;

Myselect

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Aditya1728 ,

Your Edit form on the other screen needs the DataSource of the list name and the Item of YourGalleryName.Selected (replace with your name).

Use SubmitForm(YourFormName) to save the record.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

@eka24  Thank you for your quick response.
I do not want to use icon inside Gallery but rather have a button to navigate to edit form page.
But I tried with your proposed solution but putting Myselect in form Item propery, it gives an error: "Invalid formula. Expected a value compatible with "'Data Source'"

Am I missing something?

@WarrenBelz  Thank you for your response but when I try this, it shows "No items to display" for edit form.

To solve that Item property needs to be set to Default('Data Source') but then the original problem exists.

eka24
Super User III
Super User III

Is the form and the Gallery on Different forms?

Can you give a screen shot of the button inside the gallery?

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

@eka24 
It is the same list.
Gallery is in a different screen and Form is in another.

The button is not inside the gallery.

eka24
Super User III
Super User III

For the proper transfer of the selected items onto the form, Insert the button inside the Gallery to ensure whatever is selected is held in the variable as I stated in my first post.

------------

Aditya1728
Helper II
Helper II

Yes but in that the placement of the button will change, isn't it?

Your last reply is not clear to me. if you can explain further,

Again just give it a trial if that would not work for you.

------------

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,293)