Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samny_98
Helper IV
Helper IV

Navigate to a new Screen after a click on a DataTable line

Hello all,

I would to know if I can create a Navigate fonction from a Datatable line (not column) or several lines if I can do multi selection, please.

Many greetings

Samuel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Samny_98 

I see your point now, Sorry missed it earlier. Unfortunately, MS didn't exposed any events on the data table and so, navigating when you select a row is not a straight forward option.. you might have to play with some variables/timers kind of controls and see if you can achieve whatever you are looking for..

You can still get the selected row though (FYI, it is not possible to select multiple rows in the data table for now, refer to Data table control in Power Apps - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs ), so one clean option is, give a button to user to navigate after selecting the required row. Disable the button till the time user selects a row.

Thank you

-Srikanth

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Himanshu_90677
Super User
Super User

Can tell us more about this

ansrikanth
Resolver III
Resolver III

Presuming you are talking about "Canvas apps, with a form containing a Gallery of Database lines (you mean rows), and clicking on one or many of the rows you want to navigate to some other screen.."

If yes, then the answer is - Yes, absolutely.

If no, as @Himanshu_90677  pointed, please provide more details 🙂

Thank you

-Srikanth 

I would know if I can select one line or several lines simultaneously as a gallery (for example, when I'm clicking, I am in another screen thanks to Navigate). @Himanshu_90677 

I'm using Datatable instead of Gallery. @ansrikanth 

Can you provide a screenshot of datatable

Hi @Samny_98 

I see your point now, Sorry missed it earlier. Unfortunately, MS didn't exposed any events on the data table and so, navigating when you select a row is not a straight forward option.. you might have to play with some variables/timers kind of controls and see if you can achieve whatever you are looking for..

You can still get the selected row though (FYI, it is not possible to select multiple rows in the data table for now, refer to Data table control in Power Apps - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs ), so one clean option is, give a button to user to navigate after selecting the required row. Disable the button till the time user selects a row.

Thank you

-Srikanth

Samny_98
Helper IV
Helper IV

Ok, thank you for your answers !

To do :  Disable the button till the time user selects a row. , can I do If(IsBlank(DataTable4_2.Selected); false; true) ? @ansrikanth 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (4,170)