cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bpare
Frequent Visitor

Navigate update context broken between 3.20062.20 and 3.20063.13

Hi,

I made a PowerApps for demo-ing some stuff. Really liked it, it was working well last week. Fast forward today, all seems to be broken. As soon as I do something regarding screen (adding, renaming, etc.) I've got the error telling me that the context is not compatible in the third argument in the Navigate function. Only thing changed is the PowerApp version from 3.20062.20 and 3.20063.13. I have changed nothing in my app. If I restore my previous working version, all is fine, until I touch anything again.

Any idea why this is happening? I saw some post that had similar bug without any reason in the past...

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
eka24
Super User III
Super User III

Save and Publish the App.

After that restart the App.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

bpare
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply. However, I tried it and it didn't changes anything. In fact it got even worse, now the apps is not able to retrieve data from my datasource (which is a less-than-optimal Excel file in a OneDrive connection).

I think that this new issue gave me a hint on what is going on. The context was complaining about inconsistent value type. It seems that somehow, without any changes on my side, the PowerApp and/or Excel loss the numeric type for a specific column I was using in my formula. So, when I push a forced number, it complaint it is not the same value type as others. I've got also the filter formula that is now complaining too, which also point in that direction, with something like this: filter(otherTable; field = ThisItem.field). Both field are the same, but in different table and PowerApps maps to different value type, even though they were fine a week ago.

I know Excel isn't the best to store data, but it is for demo-ing only. A real SQL table will be used (or the entity, doesn't know yet which one my company IT will allow) down the road. In the mean time, any suggestion to ensure that value type are correctly assigned from an Excel file?

EDIT: So, after I re-done the value type for Excel (basically just changing the column type in Excel), refreshing the connection 10-15 times until PowerApps reconize the changes, all my formula regarding the value type were good. However, the variables that were define using Navigate function were still complaining, even though they were all the same type now. I tried publishing, saving, reloading, CTRL+F5 reloading, closing everything, etc. Nothing worked. Then, wanted to save under a different name (wanted to save a "bugged" version as backup) resolved the issue. Like if the framework was thinking "oh, look I'm brand new, I don't remember my previous errors and don't complaint anymore".

Regards

Vasilina
Regular Visitor

I have the exact same problem. I published a fully working app, the version has changed and now it almost doesn't work!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (80,866)