cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NCDC

Navigating/Filtering from Gallery to Form to Gallery

Hopefully I am explaining this with enough detail. I am trying to create a database to manage contracts and invoices. The main gallery would be the list of contracts. On selecting a contract, you would be taken to the detail page of one contract. From there, one of the buttons would be to navigate to a gallery form that shows all of the invoices pertaining to that specific contract. I have not figured out a way to get that to work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NCDC ,

Which kind of data source are Invoices and Contracts? CDS entity, SharePoint list or SQL table?

Please elaborate more about the relationship between Invoices and Contracts? It's not clear.

If they are SharePoint list, and there is a Lookup column in Invoices list called 'Parent ID' related with Contracts list, please try this:

Filter(Invoices,'Parent ID'.Value=Gallery1.Selected.'Parent ID')

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
newk1991
Helper II
Helper II

Does your child list (invoices) have the parent ID from your parent list (contacts)? When a new invoices created you should be writing back the parent ID from your contacts list you a number column on your child list named parent ID. 

newk1991
Helper II
Helper II

If your needing some one on one coaching I do offer an initial 15 minutes of free mentoring at digitalms365.com/help 

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NCDC ,

Which kind of data source are Invoices and Contracts? CDS entity, SharePoint list or SQL table?

Please elaborate more about the relationship between Invoices and Contracts? It's not clear.

If they are SharePoint list, and there is a Lookup column in Invoices list called 'Parent ID' related with Contracts list, please try this:

Filter(Invoices,'Parent ID'.Value=Gallery1.Selected.'Parent ID')

Hope this helps.

Sik

This worked! I had a period out of place in my original formula. 

These are SharePoint lists that are linked using a lookup from "Parent ID"

Thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,084)