cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quinncain
Helper II
Helper II

Navigating between data within rows using a drop down control

In an app I'm building, I have a drop down that should navigate the user to a different form using a different row of data. These rows share a Project Name, but all other data within the columns can be different. Is there a way for the user to navigate between which row they are editing based on a column with matching data within Power Apps? This is what I have written, but from what I can tell it is pulling information from the incorrect row.

OnChange = If(GateDropDownLCG1Edit.SelectedText.Value = "3: Request to Launch", Switch(ThisItem.ProjectName, ProjectNameLCG1Edit.Text, Navigate(SummaryLCG3Edit)))

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @quinncain,

Here is what I want to confirm with you:

1). If you want to navigate to another form where displays a different record when you select a different option from GateDropDownLCG1Edit?

2). Show me how you set the Items property of the GateDropDownLCG1Edit.

3). If the column that you populate the GateDropDownLCG1Edit with is a column where exists different values, so you could navigate to another record based on this unique selected value?

4). What is the ProjectNameLCG1Edit for? Input project name, why would you like to compare it with the project name in current item?

Best Regards,
Qi

I have reworked my solution to this problem, but I'm still having trouble with it. I started a new thread with a more apt description of the problem. Here is a link to the new thread: Re: Gallery Control to Reload Edit Form - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

@v-qiaqi-msft 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,771)