cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kriggo15
Post Patron
Post Patron

Navigation Issues within a Colleciton

I have a collection created from SharePoint that has a field for a screen reference within Power Apps. When the Navigate property is true, it should navigate to the next screen that has true. 

navigation ss2.png

Pretty sure my problem is that the screen text (Screen1, Screen2, etc) is coming across as text from SharePoint and it is not related to the actual screen itself. How should I correct this?

navigation ss3.png

2 REPLIES 2
mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@kriggo15 

What you are trying to do is not possible in PowerApps.  There is no way to refer to a screen without actually typing it in the formula bar.  Pulling it in from SharePoint won't work.

Go vote for the INDIRECT references idea if you'd like to see it in a future version.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/INDIRECT-References/idi-p/772

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

FilipK
Power Apps
Power Apps

You can use a Switch formula to check the value of your field and then navigate to the appropriate screen accordingly:

Switch( COLLECTION_NAME.Screen, "Screen1", Navigate( Screen1, ScreenTransition.None ), "Screen2", Navigate( Screen2, ScreenTransition.None ), "Screen3", Navigate( Screen3, ScreenTransition.None ) )

...etc.

- not filipk@microsoft.com, please private message me if you can't share with everyone

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (49,392)