cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jchris207
Regular Visitor

Navigation Problems with BrowseGallery of "Top Items" from Sharepoint List

Hello and Good Evening,

Long-term lurker for about a year, and about this time last year I began my current development. I have built a custom gallery app that is powered by a Sharepoint List as the item database. The main BrowseGallery works without a hitch- that is, clicking an item in the BrowseGallery list Selects the Parent, Sets the correct Item, adds +1 to the "totalclicks" to track my Top 10 Entries, and Navigates accordingly:

Set(currentRecord, LookUp(SHAREPOINT_DB, TOPIC = ThisItem.Title));
Patch(SHAREPOINT_DB, currentRecord, {TotalClicks: currentRecord.TotalClicks + 1});
Navigate(DetailScreen1, ScreenTransition.UnCover)

And the gallery Items are populated via:

Filter((SortByColumns(Search(SHAREPOINT_DB, TextSearchBox1.Text, "ANSWER", "CATEGORY","TOPIC","HOWID","LINK"), "CATEGORY", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending),"TOPIC", Ascending)),!IsBlank(TOPIC),CATEGORY in ComboBox2.SelectedItems)

However, when I am in the "Top 10 Entries" list, clicking any of the gallery Items brings me to the very first Item in my 'SHAREPOINT_DB' instead of selecting the correct entry. The Items in this "Top 10" list are populated via:

FirstN((SortByColumns(colNumberedSHAREPOINT_DB, "TotalClicks", Descending)),10)

However the OnSelect for each item in this "Top 10" BrowseGallery is the same code as above for the main BrowseGallery.

Any suggestions or solutions to why the navigation inside my "Top 10" list only navigates to the first entry in the list instead of setting the correct record and navigating accordingly?

Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @jchris207 

Just a guess but I think the problem may be in your Set() function

Try 

Set(
     currentRecord, LookUp(
                           SHAREPOINT_DB, ID = ThisItem.ID
                     )
 )

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,505)