cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dp676
Regular Visitor

Need Help Creating Flow that Will Send Multiple List Items to Different Persons

Hello,

I need help creating a flow that will take an excel spreadsheet and send the list items to the email listed. The issue arises is that any email listed could have multiple items assigned to them. 

My current flow will send the whole HTML table to every email listed. I want it so they only receive the table with information  which they are listed to receive.

Any help would be great, thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
poweractivate
Community Champion
Community Champion

@dp676 

What is Output in your Flow based on that the email contents are based on? You can try making a new Compose Action right before sending the email, and make it put a different value in there based on the email -rather than just using the same value each time.

You May need to post more details how you implemented your"Output" (Compose) action. That may be where the HTML table you talked about actually is. However, you did not seem to provide much detail about it.

The idea of my flow is to take a table full of items that I need to send to outside companies to quote. So for this table, there may be 5 items going to one company, 1 going to another, and 20 going to another. So I want my Flow to read the table, see where the email addresses differ and create separate tables for each one. The flow should then send an email to each vendor with their specified table. While that may not be the exact order of operations within the flow, that's the desired output. 

The flow in it's current state will recognize each email addresses, but will send the one full table to each. So my issue lies with having the flow parse the different emails addresses to reduce the size of the table. 

And in the picture I provided, I replaced the actual values with dummy values to protect our data. But if need be, I can create a more accurate example to work off of. 

I am a Microsoft Flow novice so any help would be great! If you have further questions, please let me know. Thanks. 

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dp676 ,

Do you only want to send the related List Items rather than the whole List Items to the corresponding email?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think there is something wrong with your flow's configuration. I have made a test on my side, please consider take a try with the following workaround:

1.JPG

2.JPG

Within the "Apply to each 2" action, Input field set to following expression:

union(variables('UniqueUsers'),variables('UniqueUsers'))

Within "Filter array" action, right condition input box set to following:

items('Apply_to_each_2')

Within the "Send an email (V2)" action, To field set to "Current item" dynamic content of the "Apply to each 2" action.

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey,

Firstly, thanks! This largely solves my problems with sending the multiple emails with different tables. 

The one remaining issue is the table output. What expression should I put into the output for "Index" and "Header", so that it prints out the actual items themselves? When I run the test using the expression listed in your solution, it just gives me random code as the output. 

What I would ideally want would be the exact data listed in my raw data excel spreadsheet would be the output in this HTML table. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,585)