cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RG16CCZ71

Need Help creating a calculated SLA due date column in Power Apps /SharePoint Solution

Hello~

This is my first post and I'm new to the Power Platform community. I need some assistance with the most efficient way and most appropriate application to calculate an "expected due date" SharePoint list column.

Here is the business scenario:

1. User enters preliminary data in Power Apps. For this problem, User selects Document Type (from a drop-down list of 16 total). Each document type have variable SLA business days (5, 10, and 20) associated with them by when the request must be completed (example: DocumentType1, SLA=5 Business Days; DocumentType2, SLA=10 Business Days; DocumentType3, SLA=20 Business Days)
  2. Data  is saved to a SharePoint list when user submits form.
  3. Key fields in SharePoint List for this problem include: Request Date, Document Type, SLA, Standard SLA Date
  4. For each SharePoint List entry, I need to calculate the Standard SLA Date in Business Days, based on the selected Document Type, date of request, and associated SLA for that document type.

I have 2 questions related to this problem:

1. Where is the best place to deliver this solution? In the Power App, as a Calculated Date Column in the SharePoint list, as an independent Workflow, or some other method?
  2. How do I achieve this calculation?

I've experimented some with the following, using =IF(Weekday) formula, but not sure if I'm on the right track or if there is a cleaner, easier way. I'm struggling with out to test the Document SLA in this formula.

=IF(Weekday([Request Date],>1,[Request Date]+7, IF(Weekday([Request Date])>6,[Request Date]+9, [Request Date]+8))

Request DateWeekdayDays to Add (for documents with 5 business day SLA)SLA Due Day
Sunday1+8Monday
Monday2+7Monday
Tuesday3+7Tuesday
Wednesday4+7Wednesday
Thursday5+7Thursday
Friday6+7Friday
Saturday7+9Monday

I appreciate any insight the community can offer on this problem!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,454)