cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pundrew

Need help checking if a certain Date/Time would fall under any Start and End time range of any item in my SharePoint list.

Hello,

First and foremost, I am very new to PowerApps and SharePoint lists, so bear with me if certain things are obvious or seem lacking in effort on my part; I assure you I am trying my best..

I'm working on a PowerApp which uses SharePoint lists as its primary data source. In my SharePoint list, I have various items that contain a start and end time in a Date/Time format. Within my power app, I would like to be able to check if a certain date/time would overlap with any of the start and end times in my SharePoint list. So, if I have 01/01/2019 1:00 AM, any item in my Sharepoint list that has start and end times that the above date would fall under would be obtained and stored in a collection of some sort.

I have some vague ideas on how I could approach this, but as a whole, I am fairly lost. If anyone could put me in the right direction I would very much appreciate it. I am assuming I would need some sort of loop to be able to iterate through the SharePoint list, but I'm not sure if PowerApps has this kind of functionality. Maybe using a Flow action would help with this, but I am also not too familiar with flow either. This is my very first app, so any advice is appreciated.

Thanks again.

2 REPLIES 2
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Pundrew 

You can use

Filter(DataSource,EndDate > Today() && StartDate < Today()) this should give you all the records that are within the current time frame

You can replace Today with your date field value

DateField.SelectedDate

Would this account for the time as well? Because time is the more important piece that I'm trying to match, rather than the date.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,014)