cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arunsethi
Regular Visitor

Need help on getting data from SQL database based on 4 search input considering delegation

Hello Experts,

Thanks in advance for your help 🙂

I am trying to get results from SQL DB. I can able to filter based on single search input but struggling with Multiple search options.

I have 4 search text inputs, based on user inputs the search result should get you the right result.

Any pointer will be really appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Arun 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@arunsethi 

Looks good to me Arun. According to MS documentation, Startswith function is a delegable function and it supports filtering the data more than 2K items.

rsaikrishna_0-1604319785043.png

Make sure you do not see any other bluelines in the formula bars.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rsaikrishna
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@arunsethi 

Can you please provide additional details on your implementation? Did you place multiple conditions  in the Filter function.

FilterTableFormula1 [, Formula2, ... ] )

Filter(<SQL Table>, ColumninDB1 = tb1.Text, ColumninDB2 = tb2.Text,ColumninDB3 = tb3.Text,ColumninDB3 = tb3.Text)

I am sure you might have figured it out the above formula. 

Are you getting any errors or issues? If so, share the details.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

Hello Krishna,

Thanks for your reply.

My Scenario is as follows

arunsethi_2-1604294125895.png

Based on Customer No, Country, Account Group, Deletion Flag, user input I want to filter data from SQL DB and show the result.

With below code I can fetch record based on Customer no user input only. What am looking into here is to further filter based on Country, Account Group and Deletion Flag as well. Any pointer will be helpful.

Filter('[dbo].[GeneralData]', StartsWith(Customer,SearchQueryCustNo))

Here;

'[dbo].[GeneralData]' - SQL DB

SearchQueryCustNo - I am setting Customer No in this variable.

Thanks,

Arun

Below code works for now, but wandering if this is the right code considering more then 10000 items in my SQL Table.

Filter('[dbo].[GeneralData]', StartsWith(Customer,SearchQueryCustNo)&& StartsWith(Country,SearchQueryCountry) && StartsWith(AccountGroup,SearchQueryAcctGrp)&& StartsWith(DelF,SearchQueryDelF))

@arunsethi 

Looks good to me Arun. According to MS documentation, Startswith function is a delegable function and it supports filtering the data more than 2K items.

rsaikrishna_0-1604319785043.png

Make sure you do not see any other bluelines in the formula bars.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,283)