cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
r1cin
Level: Power Up

Need help with Flow and PowerApp for adding rows in Excel

I need some help trying to create very simple PowerApp form where a user enters info into fields, and these fields are then inserted as a row into an excel file. I currently have the following:

• A PowerApp with a form containing fields (text input boxes)
  • A submit button on the form to submit the form
  • A Flow which upon activation from PowerApp inserts a new row into a defined Excel file in OneDrive for Business. I set up the flow to select the specific file and table I want, then set the data fields to "Ask in PowerApps"

I want to know two things:

1. Where to run the Flow exactly...in the OnSuccess field of the form? Or within the submit button OnSelect?
  2. What the exact syntax for running the flow needs to be as it keeps returning an error "Invalid name". It's giving me the following instruction but I can't make sense of it: 

Capture.JPG

1 REPLY 1
hpkeong
Level 10

Re: Need help with Flow and PowerApp for adding rows in Excel

Hi

Thanks for sharing and I only use Excel for OneDrive and Dropbox but not OneDrive for Business. Hope it makes no different.

If you are using FORM

- Display

- Edit

Then, with SubmitForm function, you do not have to use Flow. Submit form itself will append a row in excel and add new records.

If you are Creating App from Data, you can see exactly the actual 3-screens sample and it works instantly.

(My sharing was old edition which was using Patch and Context Variable. Apologizie for not updating after 28/Apr 2016).

Meantime, I tried using Flow (LogicF low and Now Microsoft Flow) but failed.

Anyway, if you can use Flow for certain action such as Ask PowerApps, Send Email, just look for Action Tab and you can add Flow into your apps and click on it, you will see Run....

Hope this helps.

TQ

hpkeong

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,361)