cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DylanChrislip

Need help with Service Desk Template

Hey All,

Im new to creating apps, especially within powerapps. Im trying to use the Service desk template provided by microsoft, but i need to add a few tweaks. The problem is when i do something like edit the createnewticket page the create ticket button no longer works. 

Here is the original: 

If(CreatedBy.Text="" || Dropdown_Priority.Selected.Priority="Select a priority" ||Dropdown_Area.Selected.'Account Name'="Select an area" || Subject.Text="" || Description.Text="",
UpdateContext({msg_visible:false});UpdateContext({msg_visible:true}),
Collect(TicketsCollect1,{ID:Text(CountRows(TicketsCollect1)+1),Owner:CreatedBy.Text,AccountName:Dropdown_Area.Selected.'Account Name',Priority:Dropdown_Priority.Selected.Priority,Subject:Subject.Text,Description:Description.Text,Status:"New", DateCreated:Text(Today())});

Navigate(DashboardPage, ScreenTransition.None))

This is what im trying to get working:

If(Address.Text="" || Dropdown4_1="In Progress" || Phone Number.Text="" || Description.Text="",
UpdateContext({msg_visible:false});UpdateContext({msg_visible:true}),
Collect(TicketsCollect1,{ID:Text(CountRows(TicketsCollect1)+1),Phone Number:Phone Number.Text,Priority:Dropdown4_1.Selected,Address:Address.Text,Description:Description.Text,Status:"New", DateCreated:Text(Today())});

Navigate(DashboardPage, ScreenTransition.None))

I will attach an image of what the page looks like now.

Also, if you are willing to give me some one on one time, let me know. That would be impossibly helpful.

Thank you,

Dylan Chrislip

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The squigglies should help. Keep hunting. 🙂 I think having In Progress as your status might be the reason?

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Shanescows
Super User
Super User

Hi - Can you do a screenshot of the error and formula? Formulas are a pain in the backside to read on here. I am guessing there are some red squiggles that might speed up the troubleshooting process.

I see a space in Phone Number. Text I am pretty sure that shouldn't be there. And is that the name of the text input?

As for 1 on 1 time. That is exactly what PowerApps911 does if you are looking to go that route. Since you asked I thought I would mention it.

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

Thank you so much for your reply! I will look into that powerapps911, sounds awesome. here is the screenshot you requested.

I don't see anything obviously wrong. 😞 Can you get it to put the red squilly line under the part where the error is? Maybe by clicking the yellow triangle?

Squiggly line as requested. looks like invalid argument for my dropdown.

well, i got that taken care of. Dropdown4_1.Selected.="In Progress" should have shown as Dropdown4_1.Selected.PriorityTypes="In Progress". all errors have been taken care of. but it still wont save the dang ticket. it thinks that not all of the fields are filled out. 

Yup. Dropdown.Selected.Value should fix it.

The squigglies should help. Keep hunting. 🙂 I think having In Progress as your status might be the reason?

View solution in original post

You are amazing thank you! Definately going to follow your youtube channel. I just need to settle down and think sometimes. It was the "in progress" selection that was the issue. now I just need to figure out how to allow in progress to be selected. but i think i can handle that. thank you again for your help. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

PA Community Call

Power Apps Community Call

Next call is happening on April 21st at 8a PST.

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (74,828)