cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ericonline
Community Champion
Community Champion

Need help with diffing times (commented code :) )

Hello, (didn't want this to get buried because the other thread was marked with a Solution")

I really need help determining the difference between two times. This is quite a challenging undertaking! 

Two Date+Time cards: 

dateDiffWithHoursAndMinutes.png

Code (get your wading boots on!): 

//Concatenate the diffed Hours, ":" and diffed Minutes//

Concatenate
(

//Convert the diffed Hours and Minutes to Text//
Text(

//Perform DateDiff to determine difference between Hours//
DateDiff(

//Use DateTimeValue to format the text string to Hours//
DateTimeValue(

//Get start date, hour and minutes into a format that DateTimeValue likes. Note the Char(13)! (clever)//
Concatenate( Text( startDate.SelectedDate,DateTimeFormat.ShortDate), Char(13), Text( Concatenate( startHour.Selected.Value, ":", startMinute.Selected.Value),ShortTime)),"en-US"), DateTimeValue(

//Get end date, hours and minutes into a format that DateTimeValue likes.
Concatenate( Text( endDate.SelectedDate,DateTimeFormat.ShortDate), Char(13), Text( Concatenate( endHour.Selected.Value, ":", endMinute.Selected.Value),ShortTime)),"en-US"), Hours),"[$-en-US]##"), ":",

//Do the same thing for Minutes//

Text( DateDiff( DateTimeValue( Concatenate( Text( startDate.SelectedDate,DateTimeFormat.ShortDate), Char(13), Text( Concatenate( startHour.Selected.Value, ":", startMinute.Selected.Value),ShortTime)),"en-US"), DateTimeValue( Concatenate( Text( endDate.SelectedDate,DateTimeFormat.ShortDate), Char(13), Text( Concatenate( endHour.Selected.Value, ":", endMinute.Selected.Value),ShortTime)),"en-US"), Minutes),"[$-en-US]##") )

But this results in: 

dateDiffWithHoursAndMinutes1.png

How do I get the correct times to display? 

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

I'm hoping you can give me some suggestions for this.  I've been struggling all day.  I used your most recent sample (which is great to have), and I applied to my test, and I can't get it to work.  I've added a screenshot of my test and the code I'm using below.  The only difference is that my fields reside in datacards.  Is that the problem?  I need to save the times submitted (as well as the calculation) back to SharePoint.  Any advice you can provide is appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,820)