cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RiverPratt
Frequent Visitor

Need help with dynamically self updating power app or form

I have some data in both an Excel document and in a list on a share point site, I also have a Power app that pull in this data that was created off of the List.

I am trying to make an interface either through a form or power app to update the relatable options

I want the person to first go through the option of either adding a new number (list item), the option of editing an existing available extension, or the option of setting an assigned extension to available 

As the data on the list and/or the Excel data gets changed I would like the data shown on the Application to update that information once its changed.

What would be the best type of flow to get this kind of connection to update in such a way?

example (before the app in use)

Phone ExtStatusUserID
0005Assignedemail@blah.com01
0009Available  02

After

Phone ExtStatusUserID
0005Assignedemail@blah.com01
0009Assignedemail2@blah.com02
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
PowerAddict
Super User
Super User

Hi @RiverPratt , 

If I understood your use case correctly, a simple Refresh function call in your app should do it. 

Refresh(Table1)

You can either do that on the OnSelect of a button or add a Timer that does it at a certain frequency. Let me know if this is what you were looking for and if you need more info about the timer way of doing this. 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos (Thumbs Up). And if this solves your problem, please mark this reply as a solution by selecting Accept as Solution. This makes it easier for others to find answers to similar questions. 

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

Microsoft Business Applications MVP

Microsoft Certified Trainer MCT

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube  |  Email

View solution in original post

PowerAddict
Super User
Super User

Apologies for the delayed response. The @ symbol is the disambiguation operator. You can read more about it here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/operators#disambiguation-oper...

Either will work fine. I try to not use it unless necessary. So I would go with option 1.

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos (Thumbs Up). And if this solves your problem, please mark this reply as a solution by selecting Accept as Solution. This makes it easier for others to find answers to similar questions. 

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PowerAddict
Super User
Super User

Hi @RiverPratt , 

If I understood your use case correctly, a simple Refresh function call in your app should do it. 

Refresh(Table1)

You can either do that on the OnSelect of a button or add a Timer that does it at a certain frequency. Let me know if this is what you were looking for and if you need more info about the timer way of doing this. 

---

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

@PowerAddict 

For formatting should it be
SubmitForm(EditForm1);Refresh('Phone List')
or 
SubmitForm(EditForm1);Refresh([@'Phone List'])

Thank you

PowerAddict
Super User
Super User

Apologies for the delayed response. The @ symbol is the disambiguation operator. You can read more about it here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/operators#disambiguation-oper...

Either will work fine. I try to not use it unless necessary. So I would go with option 1.

---

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,304)