cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Need one more option in Start an Approval EMAIL in Power Automate ,Apart from Approve and Reject

When we use "Start an Approval" Function in Flow/Power Automate.

it will trigger mail , In mail we will have option for Approve  and Reject 

Here i am looking for one more additional option Called - "Request for more Information " apart from "Approve" and "Reject" . 

Please find the screen shot attached.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Need one more option in Start an Approval EMAIL in Power Automate ,Apart from Approve and Reject

Hi @LohithaSannathi ,

Within the case branch for "Request for more Information" option, you could consider add a "Send an email (V2)" action to send response email back to the requester, and ask him to provide additional data.

You could embed the App Url Link of your canvas app into the Body field of the "Send an email (V2)" action, the Requestor could edit his request item using your canvas app via clicking this deep link.

4.JPG

5.JPG

Please check and see if the following thread would help in your scenario:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Editing-a-record-from-a-flow-powerapp/m-p/26...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Embedded-link-to-a-Sharepoint-List-item-in-P...

Within your canvas app, set the OnStart property of App to following:

Set(ItemID, Param("ID"));
If(
   !IsBlank(ItemID),
   Navigate(EditScreen)
)

Within the EditScreen, set the Item property of Edit form to following:

If(
   !IsBlank(ItemID),
    LookUp('SP List', ID = ItemID),
    BrowseGallery1.Selected
)

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Need one more option in Start an Approval EMAIL in Power Automate ,Apart from Approve and Reject

@LohithaSannathi
This looks like a Power Automate question rather than a PowerApps question. I believe you will get a quicker/better response if you ask your question in that forum.

Link To Power Automate forum
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Get-Help-with-Power-Automate/ct-p/FL_GeneralDiscussions

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Use the standard Start and Wait for Approval action, but when asked for the type of Approval pick 'Custom Responses'.  Then you will be able to specify exactly what the response prompts are and how many.

screenshot.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Resolver III
Resolver III

I'm afraid that is not possible using "Start An Approval", why you can try "Send an email with options" (of course this option has some limitations regarding the possibilities to follow the approval status).

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@gabibalaban Actually, it is possible using Start and Wait for an Approval.  Start an Approval was an older version of the action that is no longer available.  Until recently custom responses were premium, but even that has changed in the last two months.  See my previous response.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LohithaSannathi ,

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the "Start and wait for an approval" action with "Custom Responses – Wait for one response" Approval type selected could achieve your needs.

I have made a test on my side, please consider configure your flow as below:

2.JPG

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @v-xida-msft , @Pstork1 

In this Case how to handle Option - "Request for more Information"

I have my form in Power APPS , Is there any possibility to send created item back to Requestor  and modify /Provide the data/Information requested by Approver .

What are the possible options to handle Option "Request for more information"

I am posting this in Power APPS as my form belongs to it.

Thanks

Lohitha

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LohithaSannathi ,

Within the case branch for "Request for more Information" option, you could consider add a "Send an email (V2)" action to send response email back to the requester, and ask him to provide additional data.

You could embed the App Url Link of your canvas app into the Body field of the "Send an email (V2)" action, the Requestor could edit his request item using your canvas app via clicking this deep link.

4.JPG

5.JPG

Please check and see if the following thread would help in your scenario:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Editing-a-record-from-a-flow-powerapp/m-p/26...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Embedded-link-to-a-Sharepoint-List-item-in-P...

Within your canvas app, set the OnStart property of App to following:

Set(ItemID, Param("ID"));
If(
   !IsBlank(ItemID),
   Navigate(EditScreen)
)

Within the EditScreen, set the Item property of Edit form to following:

If(
   !IsBlank(ItemID),
    LookUp('SP List', ID = ItemID),
    BrowseGallery1.Selected
)

Best regards,

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

I'm not reallly clear on what you are asking.  Based on what you said the Approval is sent using a Flow called by the PowerApp.  If that's the case then Yes you can use the Custom Options in the Flow and then when the request for more information is selected send that response back to PowerApps.  You might also want to have the Flow send an email to the original requestor stating that the approver has requested more information, Then direct them to pull up the form and modify it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,962)