cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Need some Feedback on the best way to show Distinct items in Gallery

I am trying to build an event sign up tool. Well, I had a request from leadership that they wanted to have leaders apply to lead project groups, which was fine. I added that with no problem. But now they want to have the same leader for multiple project groups and I don't know how to make this work. 

If the second column number is the same then that means the same leader will lead all the events with that number. I don't know if there is a way to hide the toggle buttons if there are duplicates or if I can filter out the duplicate values and only show 1. 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. My current formula for the gallery is as follows

Filter(ProjectsEventsList_SPList, EventType = "Project",
EventLeaderNeeded = true,
LeaderSearchDate<=Today())

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

@Becca51178
I understand your goal is to allow leaders to sign up for multiple projects.

What I don’t understand are your instructions about the second column and the toggle buttons. This might be because I cannot visualize your app. Would you be able to supply a screenshot? It would also be helpful to show what your desired end result will look like.

I’m sure the galley code will come in handy once I know more!

@mdevaney 

For some reason my picture did not insert into my original post. I have attached a screenshot. 

I am not sure how to handle this. Upper management requested to let employees apply to be a leader for an event or project, but some of them want 1 leader for multiple events. I did not build the app originally to handle the process this way. It was supposed to be 1 leader for one event or project.

My workaround was to add column LeaderID  with PE-000+ the ID number. Then I duplicated this on any event that was going to have the same leader. That way when my powerautomate ran after the user was approved it would update all those records with the chosen event leader.

Now I don't know the best way to show this in powerapps. Can i filter out all the duplicate ID numbers or can I only have 1 toggle for the first Leader ID column? I am stuck and not sure what to do. Any advice would be welcome

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (28,881)