cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thebigmic
Frequent Visitor

Need some help connecting multiple sharepoint lists

Hi I'm trying to create a SharePoint list (or form) that can take the contents of another SharePoint list eg. (a column containing a list of product names) and use those names as options, so if an admin updates the list of products, the choices in the other list gets updated as well. Basically I'm trying to separate the admin side from the user side more or less. Is there any way of doing this? I'm also thinking of making a form for the user list, but I'm a complete noob when it comes to this, any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
zmansuri
Super User
Super User

List A will be Admin Side which will have a Text type column "Products" and there will be 3 records

Product A

Product B

Product C

List B will have LookUp type column named "Product_LookUp" which will reference to "Product" Column of List A.

When you will create a form using List B. It will only show those options that are in List A

View solution in original post

Thanks for the reply, for future people, follow this article https://sharepointmaven.com/how-to-create-a-lookup-column-in-sharepoint/

The lookup option is burred under a couple of menus that seam completely unrelated for beginners. Thanks Microsoft! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
zmansuri
Super User
Super User

List A will be Admin Side which will have a Text type column "Products" and there will be 3 records

Product A

Product B

Product C

List B will have LookUp type column named "Product_LookUp" which will reference to "Product" Column of List A.

When you will create a form using List B. It will only show those options that are in List A

Thanks for the reply, for future people, follow this article https://sharepointmaven.com/how-to-create-a-lookup-column-in-sharepoint/

The lookup option is burred under a couple of menus that seam completely unrelated for beginners. Thanks Microsoft! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,296)