cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kentgladwin99
Helper I
Helper I

Need some help on Filtering item by using Gallery

I created a "List" in my SharePoint called "Contracts". There are different suppliers that belong to the same "Title". 

However, when comes to PowerApps, how can I use a "Gallery" to filter another Gallery by the "Title". But these Galleries are belong to the same "List". I would like to have a left Gallery as a "Filter" for the right Gallery to display the "Suppliers" that categories by the Title. 

Regards,

Kentgladwin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Kentgladwin99 ,

OK, let's  simplify the issue.

1. set the LeftGallery Items property: Contracts

2. set the RightGallery Items property:  Filter(Contracts,Title=LeftGallery.Selected.Title)

Then it should work as your expectation.

Sik

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
eka24
Super User
Super User

This post would address your issue:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/IS-IT-POSSIBLE-TO-SHOW-AN-ITEM-FROM-A-SAME-D...

If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kentgladwin99 ,

Could you please share more information about your list construct? what is the type of Suppliers column?

You want the left gallery to show Title column, right?

If there are a lot of repeating values in Title column, please try this to LeftGallery Items property:

Distinct(Contracts, Title)

and set RightGallery Items property: 

Filter(Contracts,Title=LeftGallery.Selected.Result)

Test Result:Snipaste_2020-03-13_11-28-39.png

Hope this helps,

Sik

Hi @v-siky-msft 

Thank you for the message. The structure you demonstrated is exactly what I am looking for. 

These are the columns in my "List - Contracts": 

.Title (Text)

.Suppliers (Text)

.Services(Text)

.StartDate (Date)

.EndDate (Date)

For the left Gallery, Title will be the main item to filter the Gallery on the right. 

For the right Gallery, .Suppliers & .Services are displaying as the Title and Subtitle on the Gallery. 

However, the code you are using to displaying the result, how would I relate them to my scenario?

Thank you @v-siky-msft 

Regards,

Kentgladwin

Hi @Kentgladwin99 ,

OK, let's  simplify the issue.

1. set the LeftGallery Items property: Contracts

2. set the RightGallery Items property:  Filter(Contracts,Title=LeftGallery.Selected.Title)

Then it should work as your expectation.

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,545)