cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manishc
Regular Visitor

Need to Create dynamic form based on parent-child Sharepoint list using PowerApps

I need to create a dynamic quality checklist form in Microsoft PowerApps which has 5 main element and 5 sub element.

I have set up two list on SharePoint based on parent child relationship. For that I created two tables one containing primary details of the Element table, and secondary (child) table with inputs values filled by the user such as user observation in Yes, No, and NA.

I have also created a lookup column in secondary table based on the ID in the main table.

But the challenge, I need to make the form replicable so if there are any changes done to primary table, it will automatically gets reflected in the Microsoft PowerApps form.

Form would look like –

Element 1

Sub Element 1

Sub Element 1 Description

Yes/No/NA

User Comments

Element 1

Sub Element 2

Yes/No/NA

User Comments

Element 1

Sub Element 3

Yes/No/NA

User Comments

Element 1

Sub Element 4

Yes/No/NA

User Comments

Element 1

Sub Element 5

Yes/No/NA

User Comments

I am stuck how should I start in PowerApps as there are multiple values to be filled in the child table at the time of submitting the form.

I have searched around few ideas for parent-child SharePoint list using PowerApps, but it did not work.

4 REPLIES 4
jbrit2020
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

By form, do you mean gallery?

gallery control with SharePoint list as source

Any idea?

jbrit2020
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

hi, im slightly unclear about this sentence:

"But the challenge, I need to make the form replicable so if there are any changes done to primary table, it will automatically gets reflected in the Microsoft PowerApps form."

What changes will be performed and where?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,635)