cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need to add Attachment to a PATCH to a SharePoint List

I have created an app where I want to patch an attachment field to a SharePoint List, but the attachments field is not listed as a field in my SharePoint list per powerapps notification. I know I can attach files using the edit form feature, but all of the other fields in my app are not within a form. Help! 🙂

13 REPLIES 13

Here's how I got accomplished this after I could not get @v-xida-msft 's method to work.

Scenario:

• Two forms, one on each of two screens
  • MainForm: All the DataCards except Attachments
  • ImageForm: Single DataCard, only the Attachments DataCard
  • User fills in the MainForm, at any time they can click a Camera Icon which navigates them to the CameraScreen. They can Take/Upload photos using the ImageForm
  • When complete, the Submit button lights up
  • OnSelect of the Submit button:
    • Patch(SharepointList,
        LookUp(SharepointList, eventId = varEventId),
          frmMainForm.Updates,
          frmAttachments.Updates
      )

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Helper I
Helper I

@ericonlineThe only thing I don't understand is why you are using Lookup, if you can please explain it, that would be great. Thanks!

@Varsha2005in ,

The LookUp function is used to identify a single record in a DataSource. Since I want to add attachments to only a single record, I use LookUp. In some cases, you could also use First(Filter()) to perform the same. 

You need to put whatever text fields/dropdowns/dates etc inside of the patch OBJECT section... then (because Patch() allows for extra parameters) you add another parameter to patch... called Form1.Updates. So that will patch all records you created (your custom form) AND it will grab the "update" info from your form, (where the only field is Attachments) and will include all of that in 1 single patch. 

KyleJ_0-1599657547833.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,489)