cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Venkat_Veda
Frequent Visitor

Need to add data to shrepoint list, if data exist need to patch using poweapps form

Hi,

I have a sharepoint list (Employee database) where I feed the data from Powerapps form using Submit (form) option

Now the point where I'm confused is that. I know the Name and Desigantion of the employee so I enter it. It gets added to sharepoint.

Later when I come to know about the Employee Date Of Birth & Employee ID if add using the same form it gets added as different entry. 

I want the data to be added to the same sharepoint list Item and not as different entry.
How can I use the same form and same button to both submit new entry and amend existing entry.

SPList = Employee Database

FormName=Employee data

SPList Items= Employee name, Designation, Emp ID and Date Of Birth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mahoneypat
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Please see the solution in this previous post for how to do this.

Solved: check if item exists if not create new using butto... - Power Platform Community (microsoft....

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about the Power Platform, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

@Venkat_Veda ,

The Mode of the form determines what it does.

• FormMode.Edit is used for modifying existing records - use EditForm(YourFormName)
  • FormMode.New for new records use NewForm(YourFormName)
  • FormMode.View for read-only use ViewForm(YourFormName)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi I using FormMode.Edit

What I'm looking for is to Submit New data and Patch if the data already exist using the same Submit button.

First It should look if the Employee Name is existing in the SP list if no then when clicking the submit button it should add the form data to SP list as New Entry.

If the Employee Name already exist then, when clicking the submit button it should on patch the existing entry with the data filled in the Form.

mahoneypat
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Please see the solution in this previous post for how to do this.

Solved: check if item exists if not create new using butto... - Power Platform Community (microsoft....

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about the Power Platform, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Venkat_Veda
Frequent Visitor

Thank @mahoneypat it worked as expected

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,924)