cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kandibawa
Frequent Visitor

Need to add signatures from a collection as attachments to that item in sharepoint.

Hi All,

I am currently developing a form to capture some information and at the end of that form, I require people to be able to sign digitally and save those signatures as attachments to that particular item in SharePoint.

What I am currently doing is saving signatures into a collection, then converting that collection to JSON and I've created a flow at the end which saves the signatures to a particular SharePoint item as attachments.

But, this method isn't working very well as I cannot add the attachments to the item I'm saving to the SP list, this works for the already saved items.

I want to be able to add signatures as attachments as easily we can attach photos or files using the inbuilt attachments card.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Capture.PNG18 represents the 18th item in the SP list

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Need to add signatures from a collection as attachments to that item in sharepoint.

@kandibawa 

Do you mean you want to save the peninput to the record that form is submitting?

Does the 18 mean the record ID that the form is submitting?

Please check my steps:

1. create a new custom card in the form and add a peninput in the custom card

2. create a flow as follows, you have to return the SP record ID and JSON(FileName and File)

Snipaste_2020-01-20_11-34-33.png

3. set the Submit OnSelect property as below, first submit the form, then use Form.LastSubmit.ID to get the record ID.

Snipaste_2020-01-20_11-36-31.png

StoG_21.gif

Sik

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Need to add signatures from a collection as attachments to that item in sharepoint.

@kandibawa 

Do you mean you want to save the peninput to the record that form is submitting?

Does the 18 mean the record ID that the form is submitting?

Please check my steps:

1. create a new custom card in the form and add a peninput in the custom card

2. create a flow as follows, you have to return the SP record ID and JSON(FileName and File)

Snipaste_2020-01-20_11-34-33.png

3. set the Submit OnSelect property as below, first submit the form, then use Form.LastSubmit.ID to get the record ID.

Snipaste_2020-01-20_11-36-31.png

StoG_21.gif

Sik

View solution in original post

kandibawa
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Siky,

I'm doing the same now. Tested it on a sample app and it works. 🙂

Is there any way of displaying the saved signatures next to the name when we go into edit form mode.

Let us say that we submit a form with 3 names and 3 corresponding signatures, and later we want to edit the form and add one more person to the form, is there a way that when adding the 4th person we can see the signatures of the first 3 people next to their names?

@v-siky-msft 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,216)