cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RiyaKaul
Frequent Visitor

Need to show column values of Sharepoint list item before update in Power App.

I have a scenario where on editing a ticket, I am patching those updated values to sharepoint list where for that particular ticket the column values are updated. Now in powerapps I need to show that before update what was the value of a column and what is its new value. How can I retrieve those previous values of only the columns that have been updated and show them in powerapps?

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @RiyaKaul ,

One way would would be to set a Variable to the value of the current record in the List before saving.

UpdateContext(
   {
      varRecord:
      Lookup(
         ListName,
         ID=ThisItem.ID
      )
   }
);
SubmitForm(FormName)

The previous values would then be

varRecord.FieldName

on each of the fields.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @RiyaKaul ,

One way would would be to set a Variable to the value of the current record in the List before saving.

UpdateContext(
   {
      varRecord:
      Lookup(
         ListName,
         ID=ThisItem.ID
      )
   }
);
SubmitForm(FormName)

The previous values would then be

varRecord.FieldName

on each of the fields.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @RiyaKaul ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Thank you so much. It worked for me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,801)