cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Needing to try and pull user profile information based on AD LastName, FirstName

Hi everyone,

I have a PowerApps form that is connected to a SharePoint Online list (please reference below):

image.png

The Default value for the Email Address field is:
First(Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm:Name.Text})).Mail

The Default values for Job Title and Department are similar, except the end of the string is replaced by .JobTitle and .Department.

This works great to return information for most users, but our organization has a group of users whose names follow a different naming standard, and their Display Names are ABCLastName, FirstName, and email addresses are FirstName.ABCLastName@Organization.com.

So when I use the above form to return user data, in order for the search to work, I'd have to enter in ABCLastName, FirstName. 

What I'm trying to do is to be able to return user data by only entering the LastName, FirstName. I figure it should be possible to query our AD for the user Last name and First name fields. Does anyone know how best to go about achieving this? I've spent a bit of time trying to find out a solution, but have so far been unable to do so.

Thanks in advance, everyone!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,752)