cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JBeyazyurek

Nested Gallery Issue - No Item To Display

I have a nested gallery and when I run it and select an item, I get the "No Item To Display" message. The control is set to Select(Parent). And the BrowseGallery1 OnSelect is set to Navigate(DetailScreen1, None).

If I Cut and Paste my gallery to the top level, so it is no longer nested, the control works again and takes me to the Detail Screen with the selected item details. If I move it back inside of the other gallery again, I get the "No Item To Display" message once again.

What am I missing, or what change do I need to make to my OnSelect to make this show the item when the gallery is nested with another gallery?

11-15-2019 3-24-01 PM.jpg              11-15-2019 3-25-13 PM.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
datamaster Resolver II
Resolver II

Re: Nested Gallery Issue - No Item To Display

Try to set the BrowseGallery1 onSelect to Set(varItem,ThisItem) and then select the item property of the form to varItem

------------------------------------------------------------------------------OfficePowerUser.com------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
datamaster Resolver II
Resolver II

Try to set the BrowseGallery1 onSelect to Set(varItem,ThisItem) and then select the item property of the form to varItem

------------------------------------------------------------------------------OfficePowerUser.com------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
JBeyazyurek

This worked perfectly. Thank you very much @datamaster . I am just getting my feet wet with PowerApps and the transition from InfoPath has been a little challenging, honestly. Thanks again.

kamz82

Hi, I have this same issue. In my case doesn't work this solution. Cought you prt scr me what you set in Onselect in BroweScreen1 and item in form?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,012)